Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Biggums the Bard

Yes, I know the last bunch of posts have been about music, but that's only one of my interests. This one here's a bit about DnD, but mostly about racism. So I unveil to you my project: Biggums the Bard.

I created a character one night (I believe I was on shrooms?) while with my friends. We were going to start a new Pathfinder campaign (Pathfinder = DnD if you don't know). My friend, let's call him Ray, decided to make a character that would be flavorful, fun, and interesting. My other friend, let's call her Jill, did what she always does in DnD. She tries to break the game with the most overpowered character she can. I took a different route. After looking over the classes (I was new to DnD), and asking questions, I wanted to be a bard. Not just any bard, though. I wanted to be a halfling bard that had black skin, danced and sang, and used a throwing spear as a weapon. He had no father, was concerned with makin money, and overall was probably the spawn of the most racist things I've ever said in my life.

So, where am I going with all of this? Well, I'm going to have him write a journal. It's going to start somewhere around his coming of age, and I'm going to write journal entries from his perspective. It may take some time, and there will be more posts than just that going up over time, so don't worry. Any feedback or suggestions would help. Thanks =)

3 comments:

  1. Great post! You should take a look at my newest post, its about a good AdSense alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate those people that try to make the most powerfull character and all...

    ReplyDelete