Friday, November 26, 2010

Niches

There's something that's been bothering me.

I've been thinking on what exactly I want this blog to be about. I mean, a nerds life can be about the life and times of a small purple piece of delicious candy. I want this blog to have a real meaning.

I'm interested in many things but not proficient in any, and I love to talk about a lot of random things. I'm confident in my ability to write and show a little bit of eloquence, however that will only get me so far if I'm writing about eight hundred different topics.

Since I quit World of Warcraft I have a lot more time. I have a lot of small hobbies that I could convert to bigger ones. I just need to grow up and buckle down onto a topic.

I guess this is sort of the same problem I've been having with my life. I keep telling myself it's that I'm only twenty years old, but I'm scared to death that I'm going to end up being a nobody. And I absolutely shudder at the thought of picking something I don't want to do now because it's the "best paying" or the "in-demand job" of the month.

One thing I'm noticing about doing a blog is it's helping me organize my thoughts. Maybe someday somebody will even read this stuff. Just don't laugh at the first two or three posts, they're horrid. And they probably haven't improved much.

No comments:

Post a Comment